This refers your careful attention to Bangladesh Bank’s FEPD CIRCULAR NO. 21 DATED 03.11.2009 and SD CIRCULAR NO. 01 DATED 14.08.2012 and other such circulars/letters issued from time to time regarding submission of returns on foreign investment covering FDI, PSED, PI and others.
- In compliance with recommendations of IMF Bangladesh Bank as a part of proper execution of its duties has recently decided to collect & compile the aforesaid external sector data more frequently with a view to determining the country’s macroeconomic policy in terms of balance of payment (BOP), international investment position (IIP) and debt sustainability of the country.
- In view of the above, from now on (January 2014 onwards) all AD banks along with their OBUs & respective client enterprises having foreign investment (namely FDI, PSED, PI and others) are hereby asked to strictly comply with the following instructions to ensure the duly & timely submission of periodic returns (on foreign investment/ external liabilities & assets) to Statistics Department, Bangladesh Bank:
3.1 Required time frame and reporting frequency along with prescribed Forms/RITs for submitting foreign investment returns applicable to AD banks/OBUs/enterprises are as follows:
Type of Information/Data Returns Reporting Frequency Time Frame/Submission Deadline
Reporting Form Relative RIT
Inward Foreign Direct Investment(FDI) Form FI-1 1. T_ME_Q_INV_FOR_FI_1
- T_ME_Q_INV_OP_PRFT_FI_1 Quarterly(instead of existing half yearly) Within one month & 15 days for AD banks/OBUs while one month for other enterprises following the reference quarter
Outward Foreign Direct Investment(FDI) Form FI-2 1. T_ME_Q_INV_FOR_FI_2
- T_ME_Q_INV_OP_PRFT_FI_2 Quarterly(instead of existing half yearly) Within one month & 15 days for AD banks/OBUs while one month for other enterprises following the reference quarter
Portfolio Investment Form PI 1. T_ME_Q_PORT_INV
- T_ME_Q_PORT_SURVEY Quarterly Within one month & 15 days for AD banks/OBUs while one month for other enterprises following the reference quarter
Summary report on medium & long term (MLT) External Debt agreement Form ED-1 Onetime Within 15 days from the date of agreement
Status report on External Debt Form ED-2 Quarterly Within one month & 15 days for AD banks/OBUs while one month for other enterprises following the reference quarter
Status report on short term External Debt Form STED T_ME_M_STED Monthly Within 15 days following the reference month
3.2 All AD banks and OBUs shall have to submit/upload (as the case may be) the aforesaid returns of their own as well as those received from their respective client enterprises regularly in due course as stated above to Statistics Department/ EDW of Bangladesh Bank.
3.3 Reporting enterprises must ensure that the quarterly returns submitted by them especially in Forms FI-1 & FI-2 are accompanied by supporting financial statement/accounts (audited or un-audited) for the reference quarter. In the case of any significant changes which might take place later in audited accounts must be brought to the notice of this department in order to revise the existing database accordingly.
3.4 Head Offices/Principal Offices of all AD banks shall have to submit the branch/OBU-wise updated list as per the format (copy enclosed) of their client enterprises regularly on quarterly basis to Statistics Department of Bangladesh Bank, Head Office by the 10th day of immediate next month following each quarter.
3.5 AD banks & their OBUs shall have to make sure before extending any services to their respective client enterprises that they have duly submitted the aforesaid returns as and when were due. In this connection clause-5 of the FEPD Circular No. 21 dated 03.11.2009 may be referred to.
3.6 All other instructions as stated in FEPD Circular No. 21 dated 03.11.2009 and SD Circular No. 01 dated 14.08.2012 shall remain unchanged until further notification.
- Please bring the contents of this circular to the notice of all concerned.