According to FEPD CIRCULAR NO. 21 DATED 03.11.2009, Authorized Dealer branches (AD branches)/ Offshore Banking Units (OBUs) have been submitting the FDI related information of their FDI client enterprises in the prescribed form (filled up by respective enterprises) to Statistics Department, Bangladesh Bank, Head Office on half-yearly basis. At present to accomplish Enterprise Data Warehouse(EDW) project established in Bangladesh Bank, all scheduled bank and Non Bank Depository Corporation are directed to insert and submit all previously reported monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual basis information in prescribed RIT through web portal taking January 2012 as base according to circular (Std circular no-1, dated December 22, 2011). Subsequently, all AD branches/OBUs have to collect FDI information from their FDI client enterprises in prescribed form (filled up properly by respective enterprises) and submit to Bangladesh Bank’s EDW from now through web portal by inserting the information in prescribed RITs. All FDI enterprises and AD branches/OBUs have to follow the related following instructions from onwards:
- All AD branches/OBUs have to collect FDI related information from their FDI client on half-yearly basis (January-June and July-December) which are properly filled up by respective client enterprises in prescribed form (form FI-1) and upload the information through following mentioned FDI related Rationalized Input Templates (RIT) in Bangladesh Bank EDW from onwards.
Type of Information Reporting Form Related RIT Reporting Frequency Submission Deadline
Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) FORM FI-1 (Revised) 1. T_ME_S_INV_FOR
- T_ME_S_INV_OP_PRFT Half-yearly Within 3 months from the end of half year i.e. January-June Report by 30 September and July-December Report by 31 March of the next year.
- All AD branches/OBUs have to submit the collected forms and other supporting documents of FDI enterprises mentioning list of enterprises to Statistics Department, Bangladesh Bank, Head Office with letter in due time after successful uploading of FDI related RITs to Bangladesh Bank’s EDW.
- FDI client enterprises have to submit the form FI-1 through one bank branch (nominated by the enterprise) though it is a client of one or more branches of one or more banks. In such case, FDI client enterprises should inform the banks (client enterprise of banks) except nominated bank branch about the nominated bank branch in written and submit one copy of the same to Statistics Department, Bangladesh Bank, Head Office.
- FDI client enterprises have to submit a copy of audited yearly/half yearly(which is applicable) balance sheet and income statement along with half yearly FDI return to their concerned AD branches/OBUs . Unaudited balance sheet & income statement must have to submit if audited balance sheet & income statement are not available during the reporting period. In the case of any significant changes which might take place later in audited accounts must be brought to the notice of this department in order to revise the existing data base accordingly.
- FDI enterprises, which will submit their FDI returns for the first time must have to submit attested copy of the incorporation certificate, MOA, registration by concerned authority, Schedule–X, Form-XII(which is applicable) to their nominated AD branches/OBUs.
- The following documents have to submit by FDI enterprises during the reporting period :
- a) Documents of remittances related to investment or debt received by FDI enterprises from abroad
- b) Documents of remittances sent by FDI enterprises to abroad
- c) Documents of import of Machinery and Equipment imported by FDI enterprises.
- AD branches/OBUs have to submit branch wise updated list of FDI enterprises (Name and type of enterprise, address of registered office including phone number) to Statistics Department of Bangladesh Bank regularly within one month after every half year (January-June and July-December) and have to collect updated Reference File to include FDI related information in related RITs.
- FDI enterprises (A & B type) located in EPZ areas have to submit regularly FDI returns through their nominated banks on half yearly basis.
- FDI enterprises either located in EPZ or non-EPZ have to collect the certificate from Statistics Department, Bangladesh Bank, Head Office through their nominated banks mentioning properly and duly submission of the aforesaid returns and submit a copy of the same to their concerned banks.
- The AD branches/OBUs have to ensure the certificate received by FDI enterprises from Statistics Department, Bangladesh Bank, Head Office as an acknowledgement of properly and duly submission of the returns before extending any financial assistance/services.
- As per above mentioned instructions, the AD branches/OBUs have to submit the related returns and start to upload the RITs from January-June 2012 on half yearly basis until further notification.
- The concerned bank officials will have to train up, if necessary, for correct reporting on FDI related information through RITs.
According to the above mentioned instructions, all AD branches/OBUs are advised to play a responsible role to insert FDI related information in RITs and upload these to Bangladesh Bank EDW through Web Portal by collecting FDI related information from their FDI enterprises.
Kindly acknowledge the receipts and bring the contents of this circular to the notice of all concerned.